Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

1957 Chevrolet Corvette - Gasser Style

This is built from the AMT '57 Corvette Street Machine. This one was built with many changes from the original kit. I wanted a 60' style Gasser that was set up for the street. First started by removing the emblems, side trim, and building the hood scoop. The paint is House of Color Copper metallic over a white base. I added the dual carburetors, and manifold to the kits 454. I removed the super trap mufflers from the headers and built a custom exhaust system that exits just front of the rear axle. I cut the frame off from the motor mounts forward, and scratch build the frame, springs, dropped axle, tube shocks, and mount it so the front is up in the air for that Gasser look. The rear suspension has scratch built coil over shocks and radius bars from the axle to the frame. On the inside I removed the console and smoothed the dash. The gauge panel and tachometer are also built from scratch. The tires and wheels are from the Revell '68 Firebird drag versions. I'm very pleased with how this one turned out. AH




No comments:

Post a Comment